If you’ve been following my blog, you’ll know that for the past two years, I’ve been living la vida locale. Splitting my time between CO my home in the US and England, my birthplace. I love having the best of both worlds. Now I’d love to share with you what I’ve discovered so you can experience London like a local. I’ve done all the legwork – you just have to sit back, relax and enjoy the view!
Ready to explore London but not quite ready to go solo?
Looking for simpatico company and interesting conversation?
Inspired by interiors, gardens and lovely old things?
Tired of the impersonal package tour?
Come join us on the vida locale London tour!
- Do you watch PBS and wish you could live at Downton Abbey, or better yet Buckingham Palace?
- Wish you could explore those hidden neighborhoods and markets that make London the buzzy lively city it is?
- Think it would be lovely to casually drop your bags at a posh luxury hotel in the heart of Westminster and feel at home?
- Wouldn’t it be a lovely bonus to make new friends and travel companions?
Does this sound like your cup of tea?
Your own luxurious studio suite with kitchenette and stylish bathroom.
Delicious breakfast each morning downstairs in the cafe.
Indoor pool and Moroccan spa to help you relax at the end of a hard day shopping or schlepping
Yours truly (me) as your personal guide and muse each day.
Personally I love to have a base to unpack my suitcase and come “home” to every night and I know you’ll love it too. So much more relaxing!
Your suite will be a lovely home from home nestled in a leafy residential neighborhood of London yet close to everything such as Tate Modern, South Bank, the Millennium Wheel not to mention Westminster Abbey.
We’ll visit my handpicked destinations in London such as Portobello Market in Notting Hill with day trips to Windsor Castle (home of the recent royal wedding) and one of my favorite English towns, Lewes. Enchanting Kew Gardens via a Thames cruise, the exclusive neighborhood of Belgravia, perhaps a visit to Highclere Castle home of Downton Abbey (did you know the movie is out this September?), Victoria & Albert Museum, perhaps Harrod’s, definitely Liberty’s and Carnaby Street. Little Venice and at least one posh afternoon tea. Plus many more surprises!
- You’ll see the hidden London and countryside you can’t possibly tour as a large group.
- Relax and enjoy the delights of London without worrying what train to catch or how to get from point A to B!
- You’ve got me from 9-7 every day, but if you want to step out at night and see shows or hit the clubs… go for it! I’ll help you plan your adventure.
- I’ll set aside a couple of days to relax, recharge or chill out so you have free time to do whatever you like – perhaps some extra shopping and sightseeing?
Just know I don’t believe in shopping or sightseeing till you drop!
I DO believe in slow travel where you immerse yourself in local life and savor the food, history and buzz. Count on plenty of wine down time too, so we can get to know each other and make this a treasured experience.
What makes this tour different than any other?
It’s personal. I’m a US/British citizen who understands your lifestyle and needs and I’m hip to what works in the UK too. Best of both worlds! Instead of an impersonal tour guide who does this over and over, I’ve created a selection of hand-picked experiences I know you’ll enjoy because it’s what I love too.
The most important bit is you’ll have someone to share the experience with, am I right? I know solo travel can be fun, but let’s face it, sometimes we want to share our day don’t we? With your travel gals and moi, you’ll always have someone to dish with at the end of the day over a glass of wine or sneaky G&T.
One more tidbit. I’m committed to being available for you. Our vida locale London tour will be limited to 6 ladies (sorry guys!) only.
Sound divine? I’ll be filling in pricing, details and destinations as we get closer.
10 or 14 days in London – Airfare not included.
The first vida locale London tour is scheduled for September 2019.
Let me know your interest.
Contact me with any questions! Look forward to hearing from you.
ps -This invitation is only going out to my select email subscribers, but please share if you have a friend you think would love to join us!