How Self Confidence Ensures Your Heart’s Desire
I define self confidence as complete acceptance of oneself. Having the confidence to be yourself in any situation takes time and practice but it’s a sure path to ensure you’ll always get what your heart needs.
Why? Because once you master the art of self confidence you won’t think twice about pursuing exactly what you want, knowing it’s yours for the taking.
Self confidence allows you to walk into any room or situation without fear. You might have doubts or feel trepidation about what lies ahead, but you’re confident you can handle it. An advantage to growing older? Self confidence grows through experience. It took me decades to achieve but now it’s second nature.
Because one believes in oneself, one doesn’t try to convince others. Because one is content with oneself, one doesn’t need others’ approval. Because one accepts oneself, the whole world accepts him or her.
– Lao Tzu
What Does it Take to Boost Our Self Confidence?
- Be the physical embodiment of confidence. Walk with your head held up and always look people in the eye when you talk to them. Smile and engage your audience with good conversation. Speak with genuine purpose and listen with real intent. When I lacked self confidence, I found it hard to speak up even about things I really cared about. Choose topics that light you up and speak as if you expect to be heard. I’m not advocating arrogance, but instead a gentle authority.
- Always dress appropriately. If you’re boarding a flight, meeting a colleague or looking for funding, step up your wardrobe game. While you’re gaining self confidence, it helps to dress like you mean it. Superficial as it may be it helps us feel more confident. Always make an effort. Only very wealthy men can get away with wearing a Hawaiian shirt and flip flops! Toss anything from your wardrobe that doesn’t make you feel fabulous when you wear it. Don’t forget the shoes, love.
- Be positive. It’s impossible to feel confident if you create negative thoughts in your head or surround yourself with people who have a negative mindset. Cultivate positivity relentlessly. Smiling is a huge precursor to confidence. Staying upbeat will help ground you in positive thoughts and a smile will come naturally. In our culture a smile is a naturally accepted trait of a confident individual. Start by smiling as a way of setting a mood, your body will soon catch up.
- Practice self love. When we take care of ourselves first and honor our needs we radiate confidence. We automatically accept the idea that someone who practices self care is confident enough to do so. It’s a win win. You’re helping yourself inside and out.
- Accept yourself as you are. Improve whenever possible and always stay open to learning. Self awareness is a cornerstone of self confidence. The truth is there is no other you and there will never be anyone just like you. You are wonderfully unique and special. Take time to dig deep and discover your unique talents and abilities. The more you embrace and accept your positive traits, the more self confident you’ll become.
No matter what a woman looks like, if she’s confident, she’s sexy
– Paris Hilton
Once we’ve mastered the art of self confidence, our heart’s desire is within reach. A confident mature woman can be a better lover, friend, mother and boss. She can give unreservedly from her well of self worth without needing to be constantly filled up by those around her. What an inspiration!
What does self confidence mean to you?